Part 2 – Webmin Installation.
Next step is we are going to configure management tools. I personally like webmin to manage my servers. It’s easy, effective, and secure.
- Login to your Ubuntu system.
- We’re going to have to prepare a bit before we can actually start downloading Webmin. First type in “sudo apt-get update”. This will prompt you for your password again enter and continue on.
- After it updates run “sudo apt-get install apt-show-versions perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl libapt-pkg-perl” to download the dependencies.
- Grab the file online using “wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.510-2_all.deb” or check out their website.
- Install the package using the command “sudo dpkg –I webmin_1.510-2_all.deb”
- Now that it is all setup, it’s time to check it out. From another computer on the same network go to https://[IPaddress or hostname]:10000. You’ll get an error like this to which you just need to click continue to this website (IE) or I understand the risks -> Add Exception… (Firefox)
- Login and you are done installing Webmin.